Polarized Clip-On Sunglasses - Don't Go Fishing Without Them
If you do all your fishing at night, skip this. If not, you need polarized clip-on polarized sunglasses to protect your eyes while you’re fishing.
Whether you’re fishing miles offshore or from a lakeside pier, your eyes are mainly directed toward the water. And water has a highly reflective surface, which reflects the sun’s rays in the form of glare, polarized light blanketing your face and eyes. No wonder, after a long day on the water, your face and eyes feel burned! They are!
You can reduce your skin’s exposure by wearing a long-billed fisherman’s hat and using a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. For your eyes, you need a pair of polarized clip-on sunglasses.
Choosing Clip-On Sunglasses for Fishing
- Clip-on sunglasses for fishing should be POLARIZED, to give your eyes specific protection from glare. Buy clip-ons that block 100% of UV rays. Some sunglasses claiming UV protection screen out only 70% of UV rays.
- Choose a wrap-around model or other design that offers maximum pressure from glare.
- Make sure your clip-ons fasten securely to your regular eyeglasses, so that they won’t slip off when you bend over to pull in that record-setting catch. For fishing, your regular glasses should be always be fitted with an eyeglass strap that goes around your neck.
- Clip-on sunglasses for fishing should be tough and scratch-resistant.
- Clip-on sunglasses and eyeglass straps designed for active sports such as fishing are widely available online at great prices.
Clip-on sunglasses and eyeglass straps designed for active sports such as fishing are widely available online at great prices.